Graduation is over, grades are in, and summer is officially underway. While passion never rests at the University of Washington—it will be on full display throughout our Raise the Bar summer challenge for wellness in the workplace—you’re probably thinking about taking some time off in the months ahead—or maybe you already have.
We recognize that. In fact, we want to recognize you for that very act. Twice annually, we ask UW faculty and staff to share how they choose to spend their time away from work with #UWtimeoff, a featured photo contest where we spotlight the stories of UW staff as they venture throughout Washington and around the world.
Whether you’re exploring interests, celebrating friends and family, and discovering more about yourself and the world around you, participating is easy. Just tag your submission #UWtimeoff on Twitter or Instagram or email it to us at email@example.com. Be sure to include a short description and story behind your submission.
Early in September, we’ll announce five favorite featured selections as well as a grand prizewinning entry that will take home a round trip for two aboard the Victoria Clipper.*
Looking for great Washington state-related fun? Here are a few ideas for maxing out your time away from work—without breaking the bank:
- Rent a UW kayak and paddle the picture-perfect periphery of campus.
- Hit the trail or upgrade for multiple adventures with an Annual Pass at a National Park (get unlimited access to Mt. Rainier for a year for just $55).
- See Seattle in a different light at June 29’s Seattle Night Ride.
- Splashdown and cool off at swimming pools across Seattle.
- Take a day to dance all night at the Cuban Dance Festival.
No matter how you spend your time off—be it close to home or around the world—we can’t wait to see where the summer takes you!