Enjoy a wonderful dinner while contributing to rebuilding lives and strengthening our community. In response to faculty and staff’s interest in helping end poverty and homelessness, The Whole U has partnered withFareStart, a culinary job training and placement program for homeless and disadvantaged individuals. Since 1992, FareStart has provided opportunities for nearly 7,000 people to transform their lives, while also serving over six million meals to disadvantaged people in our community.
We’ll kick off this partnership on Thursday, July 23 with a special Guest Chef Night featuring our very own UW Club Executive Chef Jon Maley. The UW Club will donate ingredients and Chef Jon will donate his expertise to work with FareStart’s students to prepare a delicious three-course meal, which will be served by The Whole U team and ambassadors. All of the proceeds and gratuities from Guest Chef Night go back into the program and fund student services and training.
- Three-course Guest Chef Night meals are $29.95. The price does not include tax, beverage, or gratuity. Wine, beer, and non-alcoholic beverages are available for purchase.
- Explore the evening’s menu here.
- Seatings are available from 5:30 to 8:00 p.m.
- To bring guests, include their names on The Whole U registration page.
- Once you register with The Whole U, please make sure to confirm your reservation with FareStart by calling (206) 267-7601.