Just 73 days to earn your $125 incentive
If you have health insurance through the Public Employees Benefits Board (PEBB) and would like a $125 incentive, you need to read this article. I know, I know… reading about health insurance is not everyone’s favorite topic. But, come on, $125 is a good chunk of change. So I am going to strip away all the reasons why thinking about health is important, and how great the state’s new SmartHealth program is, and just talk about how to earn that incentive.
So here’s the deal. The state launched a new wellness website in January called SmartHealth and is willing to provide PEBB subscribers either (1) an incentive of $125 off your PEBB medical plan deductible in 2016, or (2) a $125 deposit into your health savings account if you are enrolled in a PEBB consumer-directed health plan in 2016. All you need to do is take a well-being assessment and participate in a few wellness-related activities (many of which you are probably already doing). Doing these things earns you points, and you need to reach 2,000 points by June 30, 2015 to earn the incentive.
It can take few visits to earn all those points, so get started right away. SmartHealth is a fun and easy site to navigate and has lots of ways to earn points while being healthy. The well-being assessment does take 15 minutes or so to complete, but the time is well spent because it not only helps you gauge how well you are taking care of yourself, it also earns you your first 800 points.
Ready to get started?
- Visit SmartHealth and click the Get Started button.
- (Note that it asks for your last name, not first and last.)
- Complete your confidential well-being assessment to earn your first 800 points.
- After you complete your well-being assessment, you will be presented with lots of activities to choose from to earn the additional 1,200 points you need to reach 2,000.
- Have fun exploring the diverse SmartHealth wellness activities designed to help you progress on your wellness journey.
- Reach 2,000 points by June 30, 2015 and you will earn the $125 incentive!
More questions? You can find additional information about the state’s new SmartHealth program here.
Good news/bad news if you are not a current subscriber of PEBB health care benefits. First the good news, you don’t have to do anything. The bad news is that only PEBB subscribers have access to the SmartHealth website and are eligible for the $125 incentive.