Get a sneak peek at UW Photo Day photos

Posted on by Nicole Reeve-Parker. This entry was posted in Promotions, Whole U Program Information. Bookmark the permalink.

The weekend of August 12 and 13 was one of kids laughing, tails wagging and smiles flashing under a clear blue sky on our beautiful campus for the annual UW Photo Day and family weekend event. 

More than 2,400 people (and pets!) came to campus for this free event hosted by The Whole U and sponsored by AT&T. At iconic locations including Memorial Way, the Quad cherry trees, Suzzallo Library and Drumheller Fountain, our professional photographers captured some amazing images of our UW community over two beautiful days.

Watch this fun video montage to see some of our photographers in action!

New this year was a free catered barbeque on Red Square, where guests could choose from a variety of lunch options. Midday guests were treated to a surprise appearance from Dubs, our beloved mascot.

Our photographers are working diligently to edit their shots, so please look for an email with a link to all photos at the end of September! When you receive the email, all you have to do is click the links with photos from the locations/photographers you visited throughout the day and find your groups of photos. All photos will be in high resolution and available for families to download and share with others.

The Whole U would again like to warmly thank families, photographers, volunteers and our sponsors for helping make this such a memorable event for our UW community. Click on photographers’ names to see more of their work and book your next session (or recommend them to your friends and family!):

Erica Daniels

Erica Daniels of Emazing Photography (featured image above) loves the aspect of freezing time and capturing families during some of the most important and special moments of their lives. Erica is the mom of one spunky girl, a lover of life and an ambitious entrepreneur based in Seattle, with a spacious, light-filled studio in Lower Queen Anne. A graduate of Garfield High School and the University of Washington, Erica started her photography business in 2013 and has been a full-time photographer since 2018. See more of Erica’s work on Facebook, Instagram or Pinterest.

Erica Daniels / Emazing Photography

Jason Luc

Jason Luc of Project Bokeh Photography is an astronomy geek, occasional wanderer, idealist, adventurer and – if you’ll indulge him – your guide in capturing and immortalizing lifelong memories. His favorite thing about photography is capturing the right moment at the right time and immortalizing it. “Photography is as much of a medium for conveying my perspective of the world as they are “bookmarks” for periods in my life. Pick out any one of them and I can tell you where I took them, when I took them and even how I felt when I took them.” See Jason’s work on Facebook and Instagram.

Jason Luc / Project Bokeh Photography

Alex Tran

Alex Tran is a Seattle-based travel, fashion and food blogger and photographer at @alextran.photography. “I picked up a camera in 2019 and never looked back. I started photography to improve my blog and now use my skills to help capture the perfect moments for brands, people, and families. I love making people feel and look good. Capturing moments that are precious to you is most important to me because those moments with your loved ones are the ones that will last forever.” Follow Alex on Instagram, Unsplash or Twitter.

Alex Tran Photography

Dani Eden

Dani Eden loves being the magician behind the magic of photography. “Photography is magic and I get to be the Magician! I can freeze time with the tip of my finger. Photography is magic, but most importantly it’s my magic.” A photographer and graphic/document designer located in First Hill, Seattle, Dani is looking to help her community and spread a little joy in the world. Of this year’s Photo Day, Dani said “Thank you so much for inviting me to be a part of your event. I had a wonderful time!” Follow Dani on Instagram.

Dani Eden Photography

Kuria Jorrisen

Frozen Sentiments was founded by Kuria and Melanie Jorissen when Kuria graduated with a Bachelors Degree in Photography. Frozen Sentiments shoots normal family portraits along with super fun green screen family photos. Run by passionate nerds who really care about your enjoyment and the quality of their pictures, the Frozen Sentiment team specializes in photo booths, cosplay shoots and event photography. Check out more through their Instagram.

Kuria Jorissen / Frozen Sentiments Photography

Andrew Lai

Andrew is a Seattle-based photographer specializing in portraits, events, and graduation photography. He believes that people always take precedence over pictures. He seeks to capture the feeling and emotions of each client. With each photo, Andrew strives for a clean and polished final product, while retaining a natural look. He is looking forward to meeting everyone! Surprise him with your cutest dogs, funniest poses, and weirdest accessories. Find more of his work on Instagram and Twitter.

Andrew Lai Photography

Gaby Cavilcanti

Gaby Cavalcanti loves photographs because they are an honest expression of the present, the past and the future, all at the same time, and like people, no two photos are exactly the same. “My background as a Fine Art Photographer helps me infuse an artistic vision into every photographic project I embark on. My favorite thing about photography? The fact that I get to capture moments that words can’t describe.” Follow Gaby on FacebookPinterest or Instagram.

Gaby Cavilcanti Photography

Lena Porter

Lena Porter is a professional photographer located in Tacoma, Washington. As a mother of four, Lena understands the importance of capturing the fleeting seasons of childhood. She has a lifestyle approach to photography and is known for capturing real moments and emotions in the families she works with. She is passionate about providing a one-of-a-kind luxury experience for her clients and providing them with tangible artwork to hold and pass down for years to come. She enjoys spending time outdoors with her husband, two teenagers, and her two toddlers. At night you’ll find her snuggled up in bed, watching Netflix with her two dogs and cat. She looks forward to meeting the families of UW and giving them a taste of what she can provide! Find more of her work on Instagram.

Lena Porter / Salt & Ink Photography

Paul Williamsen

Paul Williamsen of Reflective Light Media has an unyielding passion for portrait and family photography as well as being outside exploring all the fun/new things to see in the great PNW. “Portrait and family photography allow me to document moments that celebrate the beauty of relationships and the joy of being together. The natural setting of the outdoors complements the genuine emotions, creating photographs that are not just pictures but memories that will last forever.” Besides photography, he is a huge Seattle Sounders fan, and love going on adventures with his two-year-old daughter. Follow Paul on Instagram.

Paul Williamsen / Reflective Light Media

Katherine Hill

Katherine Hill is the owner of Mama Kat Photography. She started with a photography class in high school and became a photographer for hire years later. Katherine is passionate about creating memories by using her camera to freeze time. She would love to be able to do that for your family. Check out more of her work on Facebook and Instagram. Of this year’s UW Photo Day, Katherine said “I had so much fun and can’t wait until next year.”

Katherine Hill / Mama Cat Photography

Nadia Nguyen

Nadia Nguyen of 3rd Eye Photography loves learning everyone’s story and building confidence in each person by showing them a beautiful and powerful version of themselves or bringing out a connection between a couple. “When a couple or an individual leaves feeling more connected to themselves or each other with my help, I feel like I’ve left the world a little better.” Follow Nadia on Instagram.

Nadia Nguyen / Third Eye Photography

Shylynn Dewey

Shylynn Dewey is a photographer with a focus on maternity, newborns, and fresh 48 photography. She is also a Certified Prenatal Massage Therapist and owns Beautiful Beginnings Massage LLC. She is passionate about capturing joy and memories with her camera. Check out more of her work on Instagram.

Shylynn Dewey Photography

Kathryn Parrott

Kathryn Parrott is a Seattle-based freelance photographer who loves shooting portraits, couples, families, events, boudoir and headshots. Her favorite thing about photography is capturing connection and having fun doing it! “Photography is a way to tell your own unique story. It’s a way to preserve a precious, fleeting moment in your life. And I’m honored to help capture your moments in an artful way.” Check out Kathryn’s work on Instagram.

Preview a few more of the thousands of standout shots taken at UW Photo Day: