Are you on a quest to keep your body strong and healthy? The Whole U is here to help with the Summer of FUNction fitness challenge. Join a team and get ready to eat healthy, fit fitness into your day in unexpected ways, and find new ways to make your quest fun. This challenge begins on June 2 and you will have 12 full weeks to complete the Fitness Challenge Checklist. Successful teams will have a chance to attend a barbeque hosted at the home of President Michael Young and Marti Young.
Who Can Participate?
All UW faculty & staff
How Does it Work?
- Register your team of three to six people.
- Team Captain will receive the “Fitness Checklist.” Teams must complete 85% of the exercises and the other challenges. (Challenge examples: sharing your favorite recipe, capturing your activities with photos, exercising at least 10 minutes together three times a week.)
- Checklists due August 29.
What Teams Can Expect:
- We will send inspirational emails twice a month for encouragement, ideas, and tips to stay on track.
- We will invite you to our Summer Challenge Facebook group to share ideas, photos, and inspiration.
- We will have training plans to follow and custom resources for you on our website.
- We will encourage updates from teams so we can highlight strategies for success.
- Fun prizes along the way.
- All successful team members will receive the Summer of FUNction Fitness Challenge Certificate and medal.
- Successful teams will be entered into a raffle to attend a celebration barbeque hosted by President Michael Young and Marti Young.
The Summer of FUNction Fitness Challenge is a great team building activity and an amazing way to make this summer count. If you are ready for the challenge, find a few colleagues and REGISTER before May 30!
UPDATE: Here are the items that will be on the Fitness Checklist:
- Each team member sets a SMART goal (Specific, Measurable, Action-Oriented, Realistic, Timed)
- Team must exercise together at least 36 times (at least 10 minutes each time)
- Team must host three healthy potluck lunches
- All team members must keep a log of exercise (logs to be provided)
- Team must post inspirational messages in office space, break room, or social media (take photos of theses)
- Team must exchange at least 1 favorite healthy recipes each and hand them in at the end
- Team must participate in two new activities together (ex: canoe, hike, trampoline, yoga, a 5K, Step on Up Challenge)
- Team must submit at least 6 photos of team activities or team training
To request disability accommodation, contact the Disability Services Office at 206.543.6450 (voice), 206.543.6452 (TTY) or email@example.com, preferably at least 10 days in advance of the event.