UW Survey

Survey Says: Healthy Eating, Food & Cooking, Foodies & Dining

Posted on by Robert Lindsley. This entry was posted in Whole U Program Information. Bookmark the permalink.

The results of our first community interest survey are in and one thing is certain—we like to eat! In order to better understand the topics that interest UW faculty and staff, we asked a series of questions on healthy living, engagement with culture, and work-life interests. What we found was a surprising amount of consensus, and perhaps hunger. The areas of most interest according to the 667 faculty and staff that shared their insights were Healthy Eating, Food & Cooking, and Foodies & Dining.

Food was not the only area that showed a cluster of interest. Other popular topics included: Yoga, Travel, Mindful Living/Meditation, Stress Management, Hiking, Volunteering/Community Service, and Gardening. Here’s who completed the survey:

UW survey

We also learned valuable information on days and times that work best for in-person events:

UW Survey

UW SurveyUW SurveyUW Survey

Over the next few weeks, The Whole U team will be working to create new partnerships within and outside the UW to develop new activities, and to promote existing resources that align with these interests. Armed with the road map provided by these results, we are excited for what’s to come.

Thanks again to everyone who filled out the survey. Remember, it is never too late to share your ideas with us. Email us at wholeu@uw.edu at any time and we look forward to working with you to make the UW an even better place for faculty and staff!

If anyone is interested in the full results, please feel free to email me and I can get you a spreadsheet with the results.

3 Thoughts on “Survey Says: Healthy Eating, Food & Cooking, Foodies & Dining”

On February 28, 2014 at 8:14 AM, Linda Moran said:

Yesterday, I attend the Whole U speaker series to hear Coach Romar talk about his history with volunteering. I was moved and so glad I heard him speak. I won’t forget what he said, and will pass it on.

I, too, have a long history of volunteering at a Lutheran Church in Kirkland, at Kirkland’s Evergreen Hospital, and whenever I get the chance to do so.

On February 28, 2014 at 8:31 AM, Margaret Murray said:

Linda, thank you so much for coming! I’d never heard Coach Romar speak before and was completely blown away. Keep your eyes peeled on the website next week; we’ll be posting the video. Can’t wait to share it with my fam!

On February 28, 2014 at 10:03 AM, Robert Lindsley said:

Linda, I could not agree more. Coach Romar is an inspiring speaker and definitely motivated all of us at The Whole U to do more with our time. Thanks so much for joining us and for all that you do as well!